OT Infrastructure Technical Support Specialist
PENGCORP CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM
Based in the Lloydminster, AB area the company is seeking a highly-motivated individual who is able to provide technical support to field customers who need assistance utilizing and optimizing hardware and software performance. Responsibilities include monitoring and maintaining good health of computer systems and networks for various plants. The ideal team member will carry out installation and configuration of computer and network systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person. Depending on the size of the client being serviced this role may span one or more areas of expertise as needed by the team lead supporting ICS and IT initiatives.
- Maintain high-availability of OT infrastructure (e.g. network, telecommunication, structure wiring, fiber optic, satellite, microwave and/or cellular radios, workstations, servers, operating systems, antivirus, industrial applications, etc.).
- Work in coordination with senior OT resources to implement process-oriented architecture principles to meet organization’s availability, integrity, and confidentiality requirements.
- Install and configure hardware, software, and peripheral equipment in accordance with organizational standards.
- Maintain plans/processes/procedures for modifying and improving OT infrastructure taking into consideration technology that enhances users/field experience.
- Maintain technical accuracy and soundness of engineering and/or technical practices based on sound design criteria, specifications, and standards as related to the project requirements. Among others, this includes standards at minimum such as:
- CSA Z246.1
- NIST SP800-82
- ISA99/IEC62443, ISA 84
- NERC CIP
- Provide technical leadership on project teams in conjunction with project management and multi-department personnel.
- Assist other engineers and technical staff in problem solving, troubleshooting, and application of industrial control devices.
- Work in coordination with senior OT resources to apply security policies to maintain security objectives of the system.
- Ensure all systems operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and updated as necessary.
- Ensure that cybersecurity-enabled products or other compensating security control technologies reduce identified risk to an acceptable level.
- Implement specific cybersecurity countermeasures on-site for systems and/or applications (i.e. Standalone systems).
- Integrate automated capabilities for updating or patching system software where practical and develop processes and procedures for manual updating and patching of system software based on current and projected patch timeline requirements for the operational environment of the system.
- Implement security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks, and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed.
- Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events.
- Troubleshoot system hardware and software.
- Analyze incident data for emerging trends.
- Maintain incident tracking and solution database.
- Perform asset management/inventory of OT resources.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) as needed.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- College education in Electrical or Computer/Network or related subjects, preferably from an accredited college.
- Minimum certification and/or training as follows:
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (i.e. MCSA) – Windows Server 2012+, SQL
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Industrial/Security/Routing & Switching (i.e. CCNA)
- Acronis Backup Specialist (ABS 12.5)
- Moxa Technical Support Certification (i.e. MTSC) – Networking, Wireless, Computing
- Radios/Cellular training (e.g. Motorola, Cambrium Network)
- Certified Fiber Optic Technician (i.e. CFOT)
- Certified Premises Cabling Technician (i.e. CPCT)
A great place to work and advance your career, with a competitive salary and benefit package. Enjoy a flexible work schedule with minimum supervision and the opportunity to be part of a driven and motivated team that is penetrating a lucrative market.